Perfume Oil + Hand Salve
No page specified. To populate this tab, choose which page you wish to display in Theme Settings under the Product Pages heading.
made by nature, tested by time
Herb & Root explores the global origins of perfumery, aromatherapy, and skincare, all ancient practices based on the beauty and healing power of plants. Our products are truly produced with herbs and roots, driven by the recognition that humans evolved alongside plants, influencing each other over time in an ever-changing ecosystem.
Our products feature plants in their purest form, without unnecessary chemicals, detergents, fillers, or harmful preservatives.
Here are some of our beautiful botanicals:
Organic Rice Bran Oil
Rice Bran has been a skin miracle worker in Japan since the dawn of civilization. A super antioxidant with Vitamins E and B, rice bran oil helps increase elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Organic Sweet Almond Oil
Rich in Vitamins E, A, and D, sweet almond oil traps moisture in the skin, leaving an all-day glow. Ours is produced and cold-pressed in sunny California.
Organic Jojoba Oil
The jojoba bush thrives in the world’s semi-desert regions, and ours originates in northern Mexico. Similar to the natural oil produced by the human body, Jojoba gently heals wounds and helps fade scars over time.
Organic Grapeseed Oil
Light, non-greasy grapeseed oil is packed with skin-brightening Vitamin C.Ours is harvested and cold-pressed in the Pacific Northwest’s decadent wine regions.
Organic Shea Butter
Featuring Vitamin A, gentle and soothing shea butter has been shown to heal the worst skin conditions, including eczema and dermatitis. The rich butter originates in West Africa, where we purchase ours from a fair trade farm in Burkina Faso that provides income to hundreds of women.
We use packaging that is sustainably produced and recyclable. Our products are handcrafted in small batches, reducing the need for harmful preservatives and unnecessary waste. And because our products are chemical free, you can be sure they will not release toxins or pollutants into the water after they drain from your sink.
Don’t love it? No problem! Returns and exchanges are easy.
We stand behind our products with confidence. Our goal is to provide top quality products that will meet or exceed your expectations. If you are not satisfied with the quality of any product, we will make the necessary adjustments to ensure your total satisfaction. Understandably however, we cannot guarantee that all of our products will agree with your personal taste. Here are our policies for Returns and Exchanges:
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, follow these steps for a full refund:
- Email us at email@example.com, within 30 days of receiving your purchase.
- Give us the order number and the name of the product that you’d like to return. Please also let us know why you are returning, even if it’s minor- like it just wasn’t what you expected. We incorporate this feedback into our business. We are always striving to improve our customer service and communications.
- We do charge a flat $6.50 for return shipping. This amount will be deducted from your final refund. We charge this small fee for shipping so we can keep our product prices reasonable and prevent frivolous returns. We hope you understand!
- Once we have received the product back in our warehouse, we will credit your account within 14 business days through the same payment method you used on your original purchase.
If you’d like to exchange a product, or receive store credit for it, we’re happy to do that. Here is what you’ll need to do:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give us the order number and the name(s) of the product(s) you are sending back to us, and the product you’d like to exchange it for. If you’d like in store credit instead, just let us know. Please also let us know why you changed your mind, even if it’s minor. We incorporate this feedback into our business.
- We will email you a return shipping label that you can print at home and affix to the box of the product you are returning. Return shipping is free when you exchange or receive in-store credit.
- Once we receive the returned product back in our warehouse, we will send you your store credit, or your exchanged merchandise within 7 business days.
Our products are shipped via USPS to give you the lowest shipping rate possible. Once an order is shipped, you will receive a USPS tracking number so you may check on the status of your shipment. Unless requested by the carrier, we do not require a signature for delivery. If you are not home, a note will be left with directions on how to receive your order.
Our home base is Austin, TX, so shipments to the continental Northwest or Northeast usually take 3 days plus processing time (1-2 days). Most other shipping destinations take 2 days.
We currently do not offer international shipping due to high shipping costs. We hope this will change in the future.
Any other questions about shipping? Please email us! We usually respond within 24 hours.